A First-Year Student Success Initiative
Welcome to Davidson County Community College!
Men Moving Mountains (MMM) is a Student Success Initiative in place to work with you as you transition into college in order to make your first year the best experience possible.
Men Moving Mountains will connect you to campus resources, enhance your academic and personal experience, help navigate roadblocks, and provide additional support to you as needed.
College is more than just getting good grades. MMM will help you foster growth, become confident in asking the questions many first year students have and need answers to. You will participate in transformative experiences that extend your learning beyond the classroom through leadership, field trips, and service learning opportunities.
There is so much to look forward to during your first year at Davidson County Community College. Men Moving Mountains will connect you to the faculty, staff, other first year students, and existing students.
Men Moving Mountains will allow you to develop the grit to earn your degree and become engaged, empowered, and equipped to move forward to your next goal.
Academic & Professional Development
MMM offers activities and experiences developed to boost your skills in the classroom and in the workplace.
- One-on-One Coaching – Weekly coaching sessions are available to help you find personal success if you prefer individual support.
- Monthly Mountain Meet-ups – Allow you to be heard, meet campus champions for your success, and join together to connect, share information, and build supportive relationships with others.
- Field Trips – Off-campus outings open your mind to outstanding learning, social, and job-related opportunities.
- Leadership Opportunities – MMM helps you develop personal leadership skills through participation in campus and community events.
- Workshops – Workshop activities provide you with opportunities to learn new, or improve upon existing, skills.
- Conferences – Your confidence, character, and personal perspective are expanded through active participation in local and regional conferences.
- Guest Speakers – Dynamic thinkers and leaders deliver powerful messages to inspire and encourage you.
Men Moving Mountains prepares you for success in the classroom and success in life. To inspire personal growth, MMM provides programming that helps you build on your strengths, while learning how to address and overcome any challenges you may have for finding success in college.
- How to Get Involved on Campus
- How to Build Positive Relationships
- How to Communicate Effectively
Office of Academic Advising
Mendenhall Building, 2nd floor
Monday & Tuesday: 8 a.m. – 6 p.m.
Wednesday - Friday: 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
All students have been assigned an Academic Advisor, who is located in the Mendenhall Building, Student Success Center.