Fitness Center Policies
Warning, Liability, Release and Acknowledgement and Assumption of Risks and Rules apply to Fitness Center, Brinkley Gym and Intramurals.
Voluntary use of facilities and activity programs offered by DCCC has been designed to provide participants with the optimum level of beneficial exercise and enjoyment. Inherent in any exercise program, however, is the risk of injury through improper use of equipment or imprudent exercise beyond your capability. Also, injury could occur due to conduct of others in any physical activity and equipment used or through your participation in activities and equipment use. Prior to volunteer participation in intramural programs or use of DCCC facilities, you are strongly recommended to request instruction concerning proper use of equipment. Additionally, it is recommended that you consult with your physician before engaging in any exercise program or other physical activity. Please be advised that we do not prescribe specific medical programs or treatments. Also, DCCC is not responsible for injury or death due to improper use of equipment, etc.
Fitness Center Rules
- T-shirt and closed toe shoes are required at all times.
- All users of the Fitness Center must be current students, faculty or staff. *ID must be presented before use of the Fitness Center is permitted.
- All participants must sign in at the front desk before use, and sign out after use of the Fitness Center.
- NO food or drink, other than those in a sports bottle, is allowed in the gym at any time.
- Absolutely NO foul language will be permitted.
- NO fighting or any unsportsmanlike behavior will be tolerated. This will result in immediate loss of gym privileges.
- NO indecent behavior with or toward others is allowed.
- NO children are allowed in the Fitness Center at any time.
- All accidents must be reported to the staff as soon as they occur.
- All participants are personally responsible for any medical approval necessary for their participation in any activity.
- DO NOT drop weights on the floor.
- Put weights away after use, and clean machines after use.
*Failure to comply with Fitness Center or intramural sports rules will result in a warning followed by loss of Fitness Center and/or gym privileges if behavior persists.
All participants, must complete a waiver acknowledging the following
- That you are a student, faculty or staff member and understand that failure to provide accurate information may result in forfeiture of privileges and facility use.
- The existence and need for certain rules and procedures concerning the use of equipment, facilities and activities in the Fitness Center and other campus locations. Participants must agree to abide by those rules and procedures and shall make every effort to ensure that equipment and facilities are kept in a safe and usable condition.
- The existence of risk of injury or death connected with voluntary participation in exercise programs and activities that take place at any DCCC location, agree to assume such risks, and agree to accept the responsibility for any injuries or death sustained by you in the course of using the facilities and equipment.