Davidson County Community College is committed to assisting students with their academic, emotional, physical, personal, and relational needs and empowering students to develop the knowledge, practices and skills necessary for their long-term holistic wellness. While serving as a resource for students, faculty and staff, Counseling, Health and Behavioral Services staff strive to cultivate an affirming, inclusive, and safe environment so students to persist and graduate.
COVID-19 Related Resources
- Taking Care of Your Behavioral Health: Tips for Social Distancing, Quarantine, and Isolation
- National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI) HelpLine Coronavirus Information and Resources Guide
- NAMI Helpline contact information: 1-800-950-NAMI | email@example.com | The hotline operates Monday – Friday at 10:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. | Find help in a crisis by texting NAMI to 741741
- Facts About COVID-19
- Hope for NC Mental Health helpline | 855-587-3463 | available 24/7
- Hope for Healers helpline for healthcare workers | 919-
COVID-19 Alternative Operations Model
You can still schedule in-person, phone, and video appointments. Video counseling appointments are provided via a secure platform with Candice while in-person counseling appointments at Family Services in Davidson County are available with Ashley. Ashley and Candice are also available to meet via telephone for counseling.View Hours and Services
Kendra is available to talk via phone for health-related questions, although speaking with Kendra should not take the place of discussing your COVID-19 health-related concerns with your physician and/or being seen in an office or hospital setting for testing.View Hours and Services
Conduct and Title IX Meetings
Candice is available to meet with students, faculty and staff for conduct and Title IX-related meetings via phone and video.
When Scheduling Appointments
Whether scheduling an in-person, phone or video session, please use the following to contact the Counseling, Health and Behavioral Services team:
- Ashley | (336) 249-0237 ext. 246 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Kendra | (336) 242-2322 or email@example.com
- Candice | (336) 224-4516 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Based on the appointment type you prefer, we will provide you with individualized instructions to schedule.
A Message from the Counseling, Health and Behavioral Services team
We encourage you to commit to taking care of yourself during this time and always. You might consider practices such as exercising, being kind to yourself, monitoring your media consumption, enjoying a healthy hobby, connecting with others, and engaging in mindfulness activities.
It is important to each of us to continue providing support to our students and campus community. We encourage everyone to make their physical, mental and emotional health a priority during this time, and we love forward to providing support. If there is something we can do to assist you, please let us know. We are in this together.
Ashley, Candice and Kendra