State Authorization

The U.S. Department of Education regulation 600.9(c) State Authorization (released October 29th, 2010) requires that if an institution is offering distance education in a state where it is not physically located, the institution must meet individual state requirements for offering distance or correspondence education within that state.  As the details regarding this regulation continue to be clarified, Davidson County Community College is exploring the process for gaining authorization from other states.  Currently, July 1, 2014 is the deadline for being in compliance with the State Authorization regulation.  Depending on the outcome of further discussion regarding this regulation, DCCC could notify students residing in particular states that they are not eligible to register for distance education courses.

Distance Learning Student Complaint Policy

In compliance with § 668.43 (b) Institutional Information, Davidson County Community College is required to provide current and prospective students with  information for filing complaints.

DCCC strives to resolve complaints in a fair and timely manner.  Students residing outside of the State of North Carolina while attending DCCC who desire to resolve a complaint should refer to the General Complaint Policy.  If after following the College procedures the issue is not satisfactorily resolved internally and the student seeks additional resolution, the resources below may be used to file complaints with the appropriate agency for handling complaints in the student's state or the institution’s accrediting body.

To file a complaint concerning a postsecondary institution in North Carolina please use the student complaint form found here and follow directions on the form for submitting by mail, email, or fax.

Davidson County Community College is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award associate degrees.  Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call 404.679.4500 for questions about the accreditation of Davidson County Community College.   Information regarding SACS’ complaint process can be found on their website under Complaint Procedures.