To take advantage of FREE tax preparation services offered to all DCCC students, schedule a tax appointment or call 336-224-4569. Everyone should file taxes. The process is confidential and is done right here on campus.
Free Tax Preparation is available January 30 – April 13 in the Advising Center on the second floor of the Mendenhall Building on the Davidson Campus.
Hours - By Appointment:
Tuesday: 3- 7 p.m.
Wednesday: 8:30 a.m. - 12 p.m.
Thursday: 3- 7 p.m.
Friday: 12 - 5 p.m.
Helpful documents to complete and bring to your appointment:
- Qualifiers for VITA Services
- 2018 Free Tax Sites
- Intake Form 13614-C
- Tax Payer Survey
- Tax Payer Takeaway
- Consent to Disclose
Be sure to bring:
- Picture IDs for taxpayer and spouse
- Social Security Cards or Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN) letters for taxpayers and any person to be claimed as a dependent on return, including children
- Proof of health insurance (Form 1095-A, 1095-B, or 1095-C, if received)
- Income information, including all W-2s and 1099s for wages, pensions, self-employment records, interest, dividends, and other capital transactions
- Last year’s tax return (if available)
- Employer Identification Number (EIN or SSN) of all childcare providers
- Tuition expenses paid for college (Form 1098-T), plus expense records for books, equipment, and supplies
- Documentation for medical and dental expenses, mortgage interest, charitable contribution records, and other taxes paid
- Checking or savings account information for direct deposit of refunds