Satisfactory Academic Progress Appeal Form
Federal law requires financial aid students maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) and those not meeting SAP standards have financial aid suspended after a term of warning.
DCCC SAP standards include:
• GPA (Qualitative) – Earning/Maintaining a 2.0 cumalative GPA (grade point average)
• Completion Rate (Quantitative) – Completing of 67% (2/3) of all credit hours attempted
• Maximum Time Frame (Time Limit) – Completion of a program within 150% of the hours required.
Students whose financial aid has been suspended may appeal for probation. Appeals may be granted IF the suspension was the result of issues beyond the student's control such as: injury, illness of student or death of family member, etc. We suggest students planning to appeal do the following to ensure the best information for review:
1) Review your SAP email to see what the suspension is for. (GPA, Completion or Max Time)
2) Review your DCCC StormTrac transcript to determine the semester(s) to address.
3) Document your appeal below (you may attach additional sheets/documents as need to support the appeal)
Please fill out the form below and submit or click here to download PDF.