Plus 50 Program for Adult Students
Life changes when we reach our 50s. We look at life with new eyes. We start to rethink our priorities ... yearn to do something new ... and look for meaningful ways to give back.
If you’re in your 50s (or beyond!), Davidson County Community College would like to tell you more about our Plus 50 program for adults.
DCCC is part of a national effort to prepare adults ages 50 and over for jobs through short-term, non-credit studies in marketable fields such as health care, education, and social services. Our Continuing Education Division offers programs and support services that will help you gain skills and credentials to connect job opportunities in our community.
Our short-term programs lead to jobs
Learn about our fast-track career paths for adults over 50 in these high-demand areas. Some can be completed in as little as a few weeks!
- Nursing Assistant
- Medical Office Secretary
- Certified Medical Reimbursement Specialist
- Effective Teacher Training (for substitute teachers)
- Introduction to Direct Care Work (for personal care aides; in partnership with Goodwill Career Connections)
Of course, you can also take advantage of DCCC's many credit-based degree and certificate studies. We'll work with you to maximize your credits and gain credit for work experience.
A commitment to adults
We know you may be hesitating about coming back to college. That's why our Plus 50 programs and support services are designed with your success as an adult learner in mind. We'll help you navigate the college process, too — from registering for classes, to filing for financial aid if you qualify, and linking you to career coaches.
Other DCCC benefits
- Affordably priced classes
- Adult-centered counselors and instructors
- Convenient evening and Saturday classes
- Free Plus 50 support services, including computer training and tutoring
Talk to Us!
- Age 50 or older?
- Looking for a career change?
- Returning to the job market?
- Want to contribute to our community's work needs?
We'd like to learn more about your background, personal goals and areas of interest. Working together, we can help you find the right path for your goals.
Call us today at 336-224-4550.