Medical Office Secretary/Notary Public
This course is geared to assist those interested in a medical office administrative position. Students will obtain the skills needed for success in an entry level position as an medical office secretary. While this course is not intended to be considered comprehensive, topics covered will include medical office procedures, legal and ethical aspects of the job, training on MediSoft computer software, and other critical success factors for employment in this growing field. CPR Certification and Notary Public certification is offered in this course.
Notary will be included in the course as a step towards gaining employment in a medical office setting.
This course meets state requirements for certification as a Notary Public.
Must purchase Notary Public textbook prior to class. Textbooks available in the DCCC Bookstore.
1. Be at least 18 years of age or legally emancipated as defined in Article 35 of Chapter 7B of the General Statutes.
2. Reside or have a regular place of work or business in this State.
3. Reside legally in the United States.
4. Speak, read, and write the English language.
5. Possess a high school diploma or equivalent.