International Education Committee
The International Education Committee consists of faculty and staff members from every area of the college. The committee’s plan for 2014-15 includes: continued growth of our Scholars of Global Distinction program; increased internationalization of all curricula; a commitment to increase the number of DCCC students who study abroad; refinement of our study abroad processes, procedures and policies; improved utilization of our Fulbright Foreign Language Teaching Assistants to internationalize the campus community; and continued collaboration with other North Carolina community colleges to promote international education opportunities for our students and community members.
The mission of the International Education Committee is to promote understanding of our increasingly interdependent world throughout the DCCC community in order to create engaged global citizens.
In order to be an educated person in today’s world, one needs a comprehensive understanding of the world in which we live.
- Creates the ability to evaluate issues from multiple perspectives
- Fosters sensitivity to commonalities and differences among and within cultures
- Promotes understanding of how one’s actions impact others
- Empowers individuals to contribute responsibly to humane and positive change
- Provides individuals with a better understanding of themselves and their own culture and history
- Facilitates the acquisition of global knowledge and experience for professional success
- Enhances quality of life and economic opportunity for all people
Interested in joining us? Contact Suzanne LaVenture