The Work Study Program provides an opportunity for eligible students to gain professional level work experience while pursuing their education and earning a source of financial aid. To provide a real-world employment experience, Financial Aid has partnered with the Career Development Office on campus. Our Career Development professionals can assist students with the application and interview processes for work-study placement. Here is their contact information:
Career Development Services
(Located on the Davidson Campus, 1st floor, Mendenhall Building)
336-249-8186, ext. 6245
Mondays - Tuesdays 8 a.m. - 6 p.m.
Wednesdays - Fridays 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Students must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and be eligible for assistance before applying for Work Study positions.
- All students with financial need may be considered for the work-study program, however preference will be given to students enrolled at least half-time in awarding and selection.
- Funds for work-study are limited, so only the students who complete the work-study application and placement process will receive the funds. Once all available funds are accepted, no further placements may be made.
- Students may work an average of 15 hours per week and earn $8 per hour.
- Positions range in responsibility, from basic filing to tutoring. Here is a sample of previous work study positions.
- Students may not work during their scheduled class times.
- Once hired, students are expected to fulfill their responsibilities. Work Study positions are neither guaranteed nor permanent; you may be dismissed for tardiness, absence, or other reasons.
- Continuation of work-study is dependent upon funding, enrollment level, and the student maintaining Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP).
Work Study Resources:
Work Study Application (for current students)
Samples of Prior Work Study Positions (for faculty and staff)
Request a Work Study (for faculty and staff)
Student Performance Evaluation (for work-study site supervisors)
Financial Aid Office
B.E. Mendenhall Jr. Building
Hours of Operation:
Monday & Tuesday: 8 a.m. - 6 p.m.
Wednesday, Thursday, Friday: 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Call Us: 336-249-8186, ext. 6731
Fax Number: 336-224-0240
Financial Aid Priority Date
Fall 2016 (2nd Session):
FAFSA Application Priority Date: September 1, 2016
FAFSA File Completion Priority Date: September 15, 2016
FAFSA Application Priority Date: November 1, 2016
FAFSA File Completion Priority Date: November 15, 2016
Spring 2017 (2nd Session):
FAFSA Application Priority Date: February 1, 2017
FAFSA File Completion Priority Date: February 15, 2017
FAFSA Application Priority Date: April 1, 2017
FAFSA File Completion Priority Date: April 15, 2017