The Work Study Program provides an opportunity for eligible students to gain professional level work experience while pursuing their education.
Sample of previous work study positions
- Students may work an average of 15 hours per week and earn $8 per hour.
- Students must be enrolled achieving at least half time status (6 credit hours.)
- Continuation of work study is dependent upon funding, enrollment level and maintaining Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP.)
- Students must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and be eligible for assistance before applying for Work Study positions.
- Positions range in responsibility, from basic filing to tutoring.
- Once hired, students are expected to fulfill their responsibilities. Work Study positions are not guaranteed nor permanent, you can be dismissed for tardiness, absence, or other reasons.
Financial Aid Office
B.E. Mendenhall Jr. Building
Hours of Operation:
Monday & Tuesday: 8 a.m. - 6 p.m.
Wednesday, Thursday, Friday: 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Call Us: 336.249.8186, ext. 6393
Fax Number: 336.224.0240
Financial Aid Priority Date
FAFSA Application Priority Date: April 1, 2016
FAFSA File Completion Priority Date: April 15, 2016
FAFSA Application Priority Date: June 1, 2016
FAFSA File Completion Priority Date: June 15, 2016
Fall 2016 (2nd Session):
FAFSA Application Priority Date: September 1, 2016
FAFSA File Completion Priority Date: September 15, 2016