The Work Study Program provides an opportunity for eligible students to gain professional level work experience while pursuing their education and earning a source of financial aid. To provide a real-world employment experience, Financial Aid has partnered with the Career Development Office on campus. Our Career Development professionals can assist students with the application and interview processes for work-study placement. Here is their contact information:
Career Development Office
Love Learning Resources Center - Suite 206 | Davidson Campus
336.249.8186, ext. 6245
Mondays - Tuesdays 8 a.m. - 6 p.m.
Wednesdays - Fridays 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Students must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and be eligible for assistance before applying for Work Study positions.
- All students with financial need may be considered for the work-study program, however preference will be given to students enrolled at least half-time in awarding and selection.
- Funds for work-study are limited, so only the students who complete the work-study application and placement process will receive the funds. Once all available funds are accepted, no further placements may be made.
- Students may work an average of 15 hours per week and earn $8 per hour.
- Positions range in responsibility, from basic filing to tutoring. Here is a sample of previous work study positions.
- Students may not work during their scheduled class times.
- Once hired, students are expected to fulfill their responsibilities. Work Study positions are neither guaranteed nor permanent; you may be dismissed for tardiness, absence, or other reasons.
- Continuation of work-study is dependent upon funding, enrollment level, and the student maintaining Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP).
Work Study Resources:
View Current Openings
Work Study Application (for current students)
Samples of Prior Work Study Positions (for faculty and staff)
Request a Work Study (for faculty and staff)
Student Performance Evaluation (for work-study site supervisors)
Financial Aid Office
B.E. Mendenhall Jr. Building
Modified Summer Hours of Operation
May 14 - July 27, 2018
Monday - Thursday: 7:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Friday: 8 a.m. to 12 p.m
Call Us: 336-249-8186, ext. 6731
Fax Number: 336-224-0240
Financial Aid Priority Date
FAFSA Application Priority Date: April 1, 2018
FAFSA File Completion Priority Date: April 15, 2018
FAFSA Application Priority Date: June 1, 2018
FAFSA File Completion Priority Date: June 15, 2018
Fall 2018 (2nd 8-Week Session):
FAFSA Application Priority Date: September 1, 2018
FAFSA File Completion Priority Date: September 15, 2018
FAFSA Application Priority Date: November 1, 2018
FAFSA File Completion Priority Date: November 15, 2018
Spring 2019 (2nd 8-Week Session):
FAFSA Application Priority Date: February 1, 2019
FAFSA File Completion Priority Date: February 15, 2019
FAFSA Application Priority Date: April 1, 2019
FAFSA File Completion Priority Date: April 15, 2019