DCCC has partnered with ed2go to offer hundreds of great online continuing education courses at an affordable cost of only $75. Choose from the following topics: Accounting and Finance, Business, Computer Applications, Design and Composition, Language and Arts, Teaching and Education, Technology, and Writing and Publishing and more.
Each online course offers two lessons per week for six weeks. You may access the lessons any day of the week at any time of the day or night. Each new lesson is available beginning at 3:00 p.m. on Wednesday and Friday and is available for the duration of the course. The final exam and all lessons will be available for 10 days following the close of the course. Lessons include interactive quizzes, assignments, tutorials, and online discussion areas. (Hint: The discussion area includes much useful information.)
Starting dates for DCCC ed2go online courses are as follows
|January 15, 2020||July 15, 2020|
|February 12, 2020||August 12, 2020|
|March 18, 2020||September 16, 2020|
|April 15, 2020||October 14, 2020|
|May 13, 2020||November 11, 2020|
|June 17, 2020||December 9, 2020|
To have a grade of successful completion you must:
- Make a minimum grade of 70 on the final exam (Final exam can only be accessed one time).
- Reply to an email from a DCCC Staff member. Because of auditing requirements, we must have signature verification from all students in our online programs. Please reply to the email you will receive from DCCC requesting your name and the course you are registered in.
- We encourage you to complete the quiz at the end of each lesson. You are not graded on these quizzes, but this will help you know if you understand the course content of the lesson.
Certificates of Achievement
The Workforce and Continuing Education Division offers 10 Certificates of Achievement that may help you strengthen your current skills, learn new skills, or provide you with valuable knowledge to advance in your current career. All courses are offered online.
In order to receive a Certificate of Achievement, the following requirements must be met:
* You must successfully complete each required course and any elective requirements.
* Once you have completed all of the courses required for your certificate, you must email Janet Caudle with a list of those courses. Please be sure to add your full name to the email. She can be reached at JMCaudle@DavidsonCCC.edu or 336-998-3220.
Certificates of Achievement are offered in the following areas:
- Administrative Assistant
- Business Administration: Management
- Business Administration: Operations Management
- Computer Technician
- Grant Writing Consultant
- Lean and Six Sigma
- Project Management
- Supply Chain Management
- Web Page Design
Contact ed2go@DavidsonCCC.edu for more information.
In order to take an online course, you will need
- Internet access
- Email address
- Appropriate software (i.e., Word, Photoshop, etc.)
- Meet prerequisite requirements, if necessary
To verify that you have the necessary software, click on the “Courses” button described in Step 1 below for a detailed description of what is needed.
Visit our Online Instruction Center to search for courses and for registration information.