Costa Rican Adventure
March 2-10, 2018
Spend your spring break among turtle nesting grounds, massive manatees, and giant iguanas in Tortuguero. Relax in hot springs and kayak on crystalline lakes in Arenal and travel up toMonteverde to spot howler monkeys and colorful tree frogs hidden under a cover of clouds. This trip will explore Costa Rica by foot, bus, white water raft, and more!
This trip is intended for: This Costa Rican Adventure trip is open to current DCCC students, faculty, and staff as well as members of the community.
You will experience: Cultural immersion, wildlife, architecture
Learn more about this destination:
Associated Course: All participants must take HUM 180 for credit or the concurrent continuing education course. The class will meet from 6-8 p.m. on the following Mondays: January 8, January 22, February 5, February 19 and March 12. The cost of the continuing education class will be $69.
Program Fee: $2,643* for students 22 years old and younger (accommodation in triple or quad rooms); $3,128 for anyone 23 or older (accommodation in twin room.)
*Approximate and subject to change. This price includes a $100 non-refundable deposit payable to the DCCC business office and a $99 deposit to reserve your spot with Explorica.
Application Deadline: October 16, 2017
After you complete your “Particulars Form” you will be directed to pay a $100 non-refundable study abroad fee to the DCCC business office. After that initial fee, all payments will go directly to Explorica. You can make monthly payments, 4 installments, or pay the cost in its entirety upfront.
All study abroad participants will have the option of applying for partial scholarships. The deadline for these applications is September 15, 2017. For more information contact Alison Pearce at firstname.lastname@example.org or Victoria Hundley at email@example.com.
- $100 non-refundable deposit
- Round-trip airfare
- 7 overnight stays (8 with extension) in hotels with private bathrooms
- Breakfast daily
- Lunch daily
- Dinner daily
- Full-time services of a professional Tour Director
- Visits to select attractions as per itinerary
- Lake Arenal kayaking tour
- Tour Diary™
- Note: On arrival day only dinner is provided; on departure day, only breakfast is provided
- Note: Tour cost does not include airline-imposed baggage fees, or fees for any required passport or visa. Please visit our Fees FAQ page for a full list of items that may not be included in the cost of your tour.