Maximum Time Frame Appeal
Federal law requires that not only you maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) for GPA and Completion rate, but that you must also complete your program within a reasonable number of attempted hours.
The total credit hours attempted on your transcript have been compared with your current program and the total exceeds the 150% Maximum Time Frame (Time Limit) for financial aid eligibility.
While you may be successfully meeting the:
• GPA (Qualitative): Earning /Maintaining a 2.0 cumulative GPA (grade point average); and the
• Completion Rate (Quantitative): Completing of 67% (2/3) of all credit hours attempted
Students whose financial aid has been suspended for Maximum Time Frame may appeal for review of their standing.
We suggest students planning to appeal the suspension do the following to ensure the best information for review:
1) Review your SAP Email to see how many total hours have been recorded as attempted.
2) Go To StormTrac; under Academic Profile; select Program Evaluation and review courses remaining for completion.
3) Document below the issues which may impact Maximum Time Frame measurement and remaining work needed.