FEDERAL WORK STUDY
The Work Study Program provides an opportunity for eligible students to gain professional level work experience while pursuing their education and earning a source of financial aid. To provide a real-world employment experience, Financial Aid has partnered with the Career Development Office on campus. Our Career Development professionals can assist students with the application and interview processes for work-study placement. Here is their contact information:
Career Development Office
Love Learning Resources Center – Suite 206 | Davidson Campus
336.249.8186, ext. 6245
Mondays – Tuesdays | 8 a.m. – 6 p.m.
Wednesdays – Thursdays | 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
Fridays | 8 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- Students must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and be eligible for assistance before applying for Work Study positions.
- All students with financial need may be considered for the work-study program, however preference will be given to students enrolled at least half-time in awarding and selection.
- Funds for work-study are limited, so only the students who complete the work-study application and placement process will receive the funds. Once all available funds are accepted, no further placements may be made.
- The number of hours a student may work may vary depending on their financial aid eligibility, class schedule, and the needs of the work site-supervisor. Students will earn $8.00 per hour for all positions on campus.
- Positions range in responsibility, from basic filing to tutoring. Here is a sample of previous work study positions.
- Students may not work during their scheduled class times.
- Once hired, students are expected to fulfill their responsibilities. Work Study positions are neither guaranteed nor permanent; you may be dismissed for tardiness, absence, or other reasons.
- Continuation of work-study is dependent upon funding, enrollment level, and the student maintaining Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP).
Work Study Resources
- Work Study Application
- Work Study Placement Process and Position Descriptions
- Request a Work Study (for faculty and staff)
- Orientation for New Work Study
- Work-Study Performance Evaluation (for work-study site supervisors)
- PT Time Sheet Template (download)
- Work-Study Supervisor Orientation
- Work-study Placement Cover Sheet