Apply Now

Current Students

Special Credit Students Registration

Open Sidebar

Special Credit Students

If you don’t wish to complete a degree, diploma, or certificate at DCCC, you may be considered a special credit student. Apply for Special Credit Student admission to the college and submit previous college transcripts (official or unofficial) before registering for classes. If your plan is to transfer the courses you take at DCCC to another college, you are responsible for determining the classes you need and if they will transfer.

 Steps to Complete:

  • Search Courses and determine which classes you would like to take.
  • Apply to DCCC. Please select Special Credit as your major. You will receive an application email with your next step instructions. This email will include a link to the course request form.
  • Complete Course Request Form after you have applied to the college.

If you have any questions please email specialcredit@davidsonccc.edu

Student Resources

Special Credit Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)

How do I active my StormTac and Student Email Accounts?

  • Please visit the StormTrac Help page to access instructions on activating your StormTrac and Student Email accounts.

When can I begin registering for courses?

  • Summer 2020: Currently open for registration
  • Fall 2020: August 3, 2020

I’ve been waitlisted for a course. What does that mean?

  • If a class is closed (full), students have the option of waitlisting for a course. Each day, the waitlist processor is run and students are moved into open seats in the order they were added to the list. When you are registered for a course from the waitlist, you will notified by your DCCC Student Email account. Please visit StormTrac for more information about courses in which you may be waitlisted.

When are Tuition and fees due and how do I pay?

How do I find the textbooks needed for the course?

  • You can find the required textbooks for a course through the DCCC Bookstore page. You can also order materials through the Bookstore online.

How do I access my online courses?

  • Online courses can be accessed through your Moodle account. Your StormTrac username and password can be used to login to Moodle.

Am I required to attend Orientation as a Special Credit Student?

  • No, orientation is not required for Special Credit Students.

Can I receive Financial Aid as a Special Credit Student?

  • Unfortunately, Special Credit Students are not eligible to receive financial aid. If you need financial assistance to pay for your courses, you may consider switching to an approved financial aid program. Please email SpecialCredit@DavidsonCCC.edu for more information.

Can someone assist me in determining which courses will transfer to another College or University?

  • Every College or University has their own criteria for determining which courses they will accept for transfer credit. We recommend you contact the institution in question for to find out.

When do my courses begin?

  • Check your Schedule on StormTrac to determine a course start date.

Can I take online courses at DCCC if I’m living in another state?

  • Enrollment from out of state is not guaranteed. DCCC will consider out of state requests on a case-by-case basis. Visit the State Authorization page for more information.

Who can I contact if I have other questions?

Tyler Steelman 1

Wear your mask. Wait 6 feet from others. Wash your hands. COVID-19 Information