Are you thinking about a career in science, technology, engineering, or math? Jobs in STEM-related fields are some of the fastest growing and highest paying in the country. As a part of the North Carolina STEM Alliance, Davidson County Community College has the tools and resources to support your journey.
What does the program offer?
- One-on-one or group coaching to support your studies
- Opportunities to connect with companies and leaders in STEM industries
- Academic research participation
- Personalized career guidance from a dedicated STEM Navigator
- Financial support given every semester based on completion of grant requirements
Am I eligible?
- To be eligible to participate, you must:
- Be an underrepresented minority as defined by the LSAMP Program (African-Americans, Alaskan Natives, American Indians, Hispanic Americans, Native Hawaiians, and Native Pacific Islanders)
- Be a U.S. Citizen
- Be interested in pursuing a STEM based career pathway at a 4 year institution
- Remain in good academic standing as defined by DCCC's Satisfactory Academic Progress standards (term GPA at or above 2.0 and/or successful completion of 67% of cumulative hours attempted)
How do I apply?
Click here to complete the 2015 - 2016 NC STEM ALLIANCE FELLOW APPLICATION (DCCC)
For more information or to see if you qualify, contact Rachel Adner at 336-249-8186 or Rachel_Adner@davidsonccc.edu. Or stop by Rachel's office in the Gee building, basement level 007.