Academic Skills & Computer Skills Testing
The Testing Center at Davidson County Community College tests students who are applying to DCCC. Placement assessments are tools that measure your skills in reading, writing, math, and general computer use. DCCC uses scores from the assessments to place you in your classes.
1) Contact your Enrollment Counselor to begin the enrollment process.
2) Find out if you may be exempt from placement testing.
3) Make an appointment:
Davidson Campus – Schedule an appointment online.
Davie Campus – Please contact the Davie Campus direct for placement appointments in Mocksville at 336.224.4525.
Note: You will need to have a DCCC college application on file and see an Enrollment Counselor prior to testing. If you are testing after 6 p.m. or on Saturday, please contact your Enrollment Counselor for testing information. DCCC does not test for other colleges. If you will be requesting special accommodations for testing, you should first contact our Office of Disability Services.
Preparing for an Assessment
Download and review the Accuplacer Study Guide Booklet.
Other resources you may choose to use:
1) Purchase Accuplacer review guides in the DCCC bookstore.
2) Consider the app by Accuplacer for your iphone, ipod touch or ipad.
3) Visit the Khan Academy website for another free training resource.
If you are testing on the Davidson campus, you will report to the first floor of the Mendenhall Building.
If you are testing on the Davie campus, please report to the Davie Campus Library in the Davie Community Building.
- Since both the Accuplacer and the Computer Skills test are untimed, be sure to schedule your appointment when you have plenty of time to devote to the assessments. Most students will need about 3 hours to complete both assessments.
- Bring a photo ID.
- Please do not bring children to the test. This is a classroom environment.
After your test
You may repeat all or part of the Accuplacer one time in a five-year period. This reassessment can occur no sooner than 30 days following the initial assessment unless recommended by personnel in the College’s College and Career Readiness area due to improvement accomplished through that program. Computer skills testing does not allow for a re-test. If you do not score 60 or higher, you will take a course to assist you with your computer skills. If you are currently enrolled in college reading, writing, math or computer pre-curriculum courses, you are not eligible to retake either placement assessment until your placement scores are more than five years old. Understand the Accuplacer scores.
If you would like to have your placement test scores sent to another school, please complete the Placement Score Request form. There is no charge for this request and it can be faxed in, mailed in or completed in the Admission’s Office with a picture ID.
B.E. Mendenhall Jr. Building
Hours of Operation:
Monday & Tuesday: 8 a.m.- 6 p.m.
Wednesday, Thursday, Friday: 8 a.m.- 5 p.m.
Call us: 336.249.8186
Fax Number: 336.224.0240