Truck Driver Training
What you can get
What it's about
The Truck Driver Training curriculum prepares individuals to drive tractor-trailer rigs. This program teaches proper driving procedures, safe driver responsibility, commercial motor vehicle laws and regulations and the basic principles and practices for operating commercial vehicles.
- Over the Road Driver
- Line Haul Driver
- Pick Up and Delivery Driver
- Flatbed Truck Driver
- City Driver
Courses you'll take
The course work includes motor vehicle laws and regulations, map reading, vehicle maintenance, safety procedures, daily logs, defensive driving, freight handling, security and fire protection. Highway driving, training range exercises and classroom lectures are used to develop the student’s knowledge and skills.
What you'll gain
Graduates of the curriculum are qualified to take the Commercial Driver’s License Exam and are employable by commercial trucking firms. They may also become owner/operators and work as private contract haulers.
Upon successful completion of this course:
1. Students will be able to employ safe driving a tractor-trailer under different environmental conditions.
2. Students will be able to interpret DOT guidelines in order to successfully complete the NC CDL test.
3. Students will be able to create appropriate documents based on knowledge of trucking guidelines.
The following are admission criteria for applicants to the Truck Driver Training program. Applicants for admission to the TDT program must:
- Attend a mandatory information session.
- Complete the North Carolina Residency Determination (Required for all NC Community Colleges)
- Submit Application to DCCC
- Possess a valid Class A CDL Learner’s Permit without air break restriction.
- Submit completed pre-enrollment Drug Test Consent Form.
- Provide valid DOT Medical Examination Report form and Certificate as required by the Department of Transportation.
- Contact Melissa Sneed at 336.751.2885 ext. 6337 to schedule an appointment to review requirements and register for the class.
- Truck Driver Training admission requirements checklist
Truck Driver Training
336-751-2885, ext. 6337
Upcoming Information Session
Information sessions are mandatory for all new students. Information sessions will be held at both Davidson and Davie campuses. Times may vary. You do not need to preregister for these sessions. Other times are available by appointment
Upcoming Information Sessions (Davie Campus)
The Davie Campus is located at 263 CPP Global Drive Mocksville, NC 27028 (go all the way to end of the road)
December 5, 2018: 5 p.m. | Davie Campus (Mocksville)
Upcoming Information Sessions (Davidson Campus)
The Davidson Campus is located at 297 DCC Road Thomasville, NC 27360. Information Session will take place in the Mendenhall Building, Student Success Center.
More Davidson Campus dates coming soon
March 18 - May 9, 2019