Global Logistics and Distribution Management Technology
What you can get
What it's about
Global Logistics and Distribution Management Technology curriculum prepares individuals for a multitude of career opportunities in distribution, transportation, and manufacturing organizations. Classroom instruction, field of study experiences, and practical laboratory applications of logistics management and global technology capabilities are included in the program of study.
- Traffic Manager
- Warehouse Manager
- Inventory Control Manager
- Transportation Supervisor
Courses you'll take
Course work includes computer applications, accounting, business law, economics, management, industrial sciences, and international studies. Students will solve different levels of logistics-related problems through case study evaluations and supply chain projects utilizing logistical hardware and intelligent software tools.
What you'll gain
Graduates should qualify for positions in a wide range of government agencies, manufacturing, and service organizations. Employment opportunities include entry-level purchasing, material management, warehousing, inventory, transportation coordinators, and logistics analysts. Upon completion, graduates may be eligible for certification credentials through APICS and AST&L.
Apply on DCCC's website and meet with an enrollment counselor.
Upon successful completion of this program, the student should be able to:
- Demonstrate the ability to evaluate the economic, environmental, and sociological impact in the transportation of supplies and materials domestically and globally.
- Apply contemporary warehousing and distribution practices to monitor and evaluate the flow of products and information through an organization’s supply chain.
- Identify and procure proper supplies or materials in the proper time frame using a globally diverse base of suppliers and customers.
- Understand the use of technology to operate and manage global logistics operations.
B.E. Mendenhall Jr. Building
Hours of Operation:
Monday & Tuesday: 8 a.m.- 6 p.m.
Wednesday, Thursday, Friday: 8 a.m.- 5 p.m.
Call us: 336.249.8186
Fax Number: 336.224.0240