Business Administration (Human Resources Management Track) Associate in Applied Science Degree Program
What you can get
What it's about
Human Resources Management is a concentration under the curriculum title of Business Administration. The curriculum is designed to meet the demands of business and service agencies. The objective is the development of generalists and specialists in the administration, training, and management of human resources.
- Training Specialist
- Payroll Clerk
- Human Resource Assistant
- Placement Specialist
- Employee Benefits Specialist
- Human Resource Clerk
- Human Resource Consultant
- Personnel Assistant
- Administrative Assistant
- Personnel Clerk
Courses you'll take
Course work includes studies in management, interviewing, placement, needs assessment, planning, compensation and benefits, and training techniques. Also included are topics such as people skills, learning approaches, skills building, and development of instructional and training materials.
What you'll gain
Graduates from this program will have a sound business educational base for lifelong learning. Students will be prepared for employment opportunities in personnel, training, and other human resources development areas.
Apply on DCCC's website and meet with an enrollment counselor.
Upon successful completion of this program, the student should be able to:
- Apply critical thinking and sound business principles to analyze and solve problems in the functional areas of recruitment, selection, training, and development of employees, compensation and benefits, employment law, and regulations.
- Demonstrate effective written and oral communication in a business environment. Communicate effectively in a business environment through speaking, listening, and writing.
- Demonstrate the ability to work efficiently and effectively with others in a team environment.
- Apply the major functions of management (planning, organizing, directing, controlling) to a specific management situation.
B.E. Mendenhall Jr. Building
Hours of Operation:
Summer Hours (May 15 - July 28, 2017)
Monday - Thursday: 7:30 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Friday: 8 a.m. – 12 p.m.
Call us: 336-249-8186
Fax Number: 336-224-0240