Electronics Engineering Technology
What you can get
What it's about
The Electronics Engineering Technology curriculum prepares the students to apply basic engineering principles and technical skills to become technicians who design, build, install, test, troubleshoot, repair, and modify developmental and production electronic components, equipment, and systems such as industrial/computer controls, manufacturing systems, communication systems, and power electronic systems.
This curriculum prepares students through the study and application of principles from mathematics, natural sciences, and technology and applied processes based on these subjects.
- Electronics Engineering Technician
- Refurbish Technician
- Engineering Aide
- Electrical Technician
- Failure Analysis Technician
- Electronics Technician
- Electronics Test Technician
- Field Engineer
- Engineering Technician
Courses you'll take
Includes instruction in mathematics, natural sciences, engineering sciences and technology, basic electricity, solid-state fundamentals, digital concepts, and microprocessors or programmable logic controllers.
What you'll gain
Graduates should qualify for employment as electronics engineering technician, field service technician, instrumentation technician, maintenance technician, electronic tester, electronic systems integrator, bench technician, and production control technician.
Upon successful completion of this program, the student should be able to:
- Use basic electronic lab instrumentation including: power supplies, multi-meters, function generators and oscilloscopes to troubleshoot electronic systems.
- Configure and program a Programmable Logic Controller (PLC) to operate automated equipment incorporating an HMI (Human Machine Interface)
- Access and utilize technical information including: operating manuals, manufacturers data sheets, the internet and other people.
- Capture, organize and effectively document laboratory experiences in oral, written and graphical form.
B.E. Mendenhall Jr. Building
Hours of Operation:
Monday & Tuesday: 8 a.m.- 6 p.m.
Wednesday, Thursday, Friday: 8 a.m.- 5 p.m.
Call us: 336.249.8186
Fax Number: 336.224.0240