Computer Integrated Machining
What you can get
What it's about
The Computer Integrated Machining curriculum prepares students with the analytical, creative, and innovative skills necessary to take a production idea from an initial concept through design, development and production, resulting in a finished product.
- CNC Operator
- CNC Machinist
- Machine Operator
- CNC Lathe/Mill Operator
- CNC Programmer
Courses you'll take
Coursework may include manual machining, computer applications, engineering design, computer-aided drafting (CAD), computer-aided machining (CAM), blueprint interpretation, advanced computerized numeric control (CNC) equipment, basic and advanced machining operations, precision measurement, and high-speed multi-axis machining.
What you'll gain
Graduates should qualify for employment as machining technicians in high-tech manufacturing, rapid-prototyping and rapid-manufacturing industries, specialty machine shops, fabrication industries, and high-tech or emerging industries such as aerospace, aviation, medical, and renewable energy, and to sit for machining certification examinations.
Upon successful completion of this program, the student should be able to:
- Demonstrate the common principles and practices in advanced manufacturing settings.
- Interpret information and blueprints for part manufacturing, job routing, and cost estimation.
- Use applied mathematical skills to solve functional problems related to machining.
- Use critical thinking to apply machining skills to produce finished parts meeting quality requirements as described in blueprints and reference information about manufacturing materials and machining equipment.
- Set up and operate basic machining equipment and computer-numerical controlled machines.
- Perform basic preventative maintenance of machines and maintain a safe clean environment while applying the basics of lean manufacturing concepts.
B.E. Mendenhall Jr. Building
Hours of Operation:
Monday & Tuesday: 8 a.m.–6 p.m.
Wednesday, Thursday, Friday: 8 a.m.–5 p.m.
Call us: 336-249-8186
Fax Number: 336-224-0240