The Davidson Campus
The main campus opened in 1963 as the Davidson County Industrial Education Center. The campus consisted of only the Sinclair Building built on a 22-acre site at the juncture of U.S. 29-70 and Old Greensboro Road. It was home to 125 students enrolled in vocational and technical courses and another 51 studying adult education and service programs.
In 1965, the institution was chartered as Davidson County Community College. The Associate in Arts and Associate in Science were added to the existing Associate in Applied Science, Diploma and Certificate offerings. College transfer courses were added in 1966. Since then, the Davidson Campus has grown to 11 buildings and two emergency services training facilities on approximately 97 acres. With more than 50 curriculum programs, the campus continues to grow and expand its educational programs and services
DCCC is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award associate degrees. Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call 404-679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of Davidson County Community College.