International Education Committee
The International Education Committee is one of the largest and most active groups on campus. It consists of faculty and staff members from every area of the College. The Committee’s plan for 2012-13 includes: organizing International Education Week in November, finding ways to better integrate exchange students and faculty into campus life, developing a strategic plan and process for short term study abroad programs, using social media to disseminate information and foster two-way communication, offering students more opportunities to participate in cultural events and global service learning projects, and embedding international education throughout curricula.
The mission of the International Education Committee is to promote understanding of our increasingly interdependent world throughout the DCCC community in order to create engaged global citizens.
In order to be an educated person in today’s world, one needs a comprehensive understanding of the world in which we live.
- creates the ability to evaluate issues from multiple perspectives
- fosters sensitivity to commonalities and differences among and within cultures
- promotes understanding of how one’s actions impact others
- empowers individuals to contribute responsibly to humane and positive change
- provides individuals with a better understanding of themselves and their own culture and history
- facilitates the acquisition of global knowledge and experience for professional success
- enhances quality of life and economic opportunity for all people