Returning Borrowers at DCCC
- STEP 1: Go to the Student Loan web site at www.studentloans.gov.
- STEP 2: Set up your student account at the Sign In box using your PIN (Personal Identification Number).
- STEP 3: Click on Complete Counseling in the middle of the page.
- STEP 4: Complete the Entrance Counseling online. This must be completed before we originate your loan.
All students, including current students, who plan to borrow Federal Direct Stafford loans MUST complete new loan entrance counseling each new academic year at DCCC.
- STEP 5: Complete Financial Awareness Counseling online, if this step is missed a loan will not be processed.
- STEP 6: Complete the Master Promissory Note online (e-MPN). This information is located on the left-hand side of the page under the heading of Master Promissory Note. Be sure to select Subsidized/Unsubsidized option.
All students, including current students, who plan to borrow Federal Direct Stafford Loans MUST complete a new Federal Direct Loan Master Promissory Note (MPN) each new academic year at DCCC.
- STEP 7: After you have successfully completed all steps above you will receive an email from the financial aid office the following Wednesday with additional instructions and forms for your loan request.